Subject Re: [IBO] UDF
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:45 PM 06-09-01 +1200, you wrote:
>I have Ib_Math.dll, I can declare a external function in this dll, but
>when I try to use it in sql statements I get following error
>
>Invalid request BLR at offset 60
>function SR_FLOOR is not defined
>module name or entrypoint could not be found
>
>Am I missing something?

Have you declared the function to your database? IB_Math.dll isn't familiar to me but if you downloaded it as a pack, the author should have included a ddl file with it (possibly ib_math.sql) containing all the declarations. For example, here is the declaration for FLOOR in the newly-revised ib_udf.dll that is distributed with FB 1.0.0.nnn Beta2:

DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION floor
DOUBLE PRECISION
RETURNS DOUBLE PRECISION BY VALUE
ENTRY_POINT 'IB_UDF_floor' MODULE_NAME 'ib_udf';

You don't mention your IB/FB version but this is important because the correct location of the dll varies from version to version. In Firebird it is ..{installation root}\udf. In other versions it might be ..\lib or even in your Windows system or system32 directory. Also make sure you have ib_utils.dll in the same path.

Would you mind posting non-IBO questions to ib-support in future? Thanks.

Helen

All for Open and Open for All