Subject Re: [IBO] TIB_LookupCombo in a Grid
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:54 AM 03-09-01 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>Attempting to use TIB_LookupCombo in a grid fot the first time.
>Following instructions in StarterGuide for IBO4.
>
>I have defined the following in a TIB_Query
>
>TIB_Query.name 'sqlbook'
>sqlbook.KeyLinks :='chart.account=bankDetails.chart'
>sqlbook.Keysource :='dsBook'
>
>TIB_Datasource.name :='dsbook'
>dsbook.dataset :='sqlbook'
>
>TIB_Grid.datasource:='dsbook'
>TIB_LookUpCombo.datasource:='dschart'

Mike,
This looks confused. Is the query sqlbook the main dataset or the lookup dataset? Or, to put the question another way, is sqlbook looking up a query over the bankDetails table, or is a query over the bankDetails table looking up something in the sqlbook query?

Please help by providing:

The name and SQL of the query whose data are being displayed in the grid, and the name of the datasource that links this dataset to the grid.

The name and SQL of the query whose data are being displayed in the lookupcombo.

Thanks,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All