Subject Re: [IBO] Asta Midas Datasnap
Author David Farrell-Garcia
That is a pretty broad question. They are all middleware solutions.

Datasnap is the D6 version of Midas so they are essentially the same and
require the Enterprise version of Delphi. Midas/Datasnap is a polished
product with a good track record and of course has Borland behind it.

ASTA is very hot right now. I evaluated it and loved it. Steve Garland is
very accesible to answer your specific questions. If I remember, he even
has a whitepaper on the comparisions between Midas and ASTA. ASTA also has
partnered with Pocket Technnologies, so if Palm wireless is in your plans
give it a look. ASTA does not requre the Enterprise version of Delphi