Subject Re: [IBO] IBO4 and D6
Author Paul Gallagher
Thanks Helen, that did it. My mistake was that I did not realize there was a
D6 bpg file. I was opening the dpk's individually and compiling them.

And yes, the D6 compilier is slow. It's time to get one of those P4's I've
been looking at. Im using dual celeron 366's, and it took about 3 minutes to
compile. I wonder if its D6, or IBO that has increased the compile time? I
guess I'll find out when I start playing with projects.

Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: "Helen Borrie" <helebor@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: [IBO] IBO4 and D6

> Paul,
> Well, I just reinstalled in D6 via the bpg and had no problems with
missing pieces...

> The procedure I followed was this:
>
> 1. Set the paths for the D6 ToolsAPI sources and the IBO_4 sources.
> 2. Set the output directory if it's not set (I just use the default
.\Projects\bpl)
> 3. Open the Delphi 6 bpg
> 4. Selected Project|Build All (boy, doesn't the D6 compiler take its
time???)
> 7. Install the components from the bpl files in the output dir (you only
need to pick the design-time libraries and do it in the order specified in
install text from the Beta download area).

> Thassit. No hassles.
>
> hth
> Helen
>

> At 01:48 PM 03-07-01 +1000, you wrote:
> >At 10:17 PM 02-07-01 -0500, you wrote:
> > >I must be doing something wrong. I am having a problem compiling IBO4
in D6. First, it could not find designintf, so I copied it into the Bin
directory. Then there were some other files, like DesignEditors, and
DesignConst. So I copied them. Now it can't find Proxies.dcu, and neither
can I.

> > >Can anyone give me the correct install procedure for this?
> >
> >Are you using the right environment path setting for the renamed tools
units in D6? They are now in ..\Program
Files\Borland\Delphi6\Sources\ToolsAPI. Possibly, also, moving them isn't a
great idea because of local dependencies...

> >Proxies.pas looks like an issue...just a cursory glance reveals that the
routines which used to be in that unit have been shuffled elsewhere in D6 (I
found CreateSubClass in Controls.pas, for example) and proxies.pas has
indeed disappeared. This is NOT documented in the Compatibility Issues
section, either!

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/