Subject FW: FW: IBO sees different VarText size than IBConsole?
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
Although I haven't tested, I'm tempted to say that the bug was squashed on
firebird a time ago:

-----Original Message-----
From: frank at t-online.de On Behalf Of Frank
Schlottmann-Goedde

"Claudio Valderrama C." wrote:

> Frank, is this issue resolved?
>
> C.

I'm not sure about this, but Marc commited a change to dyn_mod.e
(13.4.2001)
that seems related to this:

in DYN_modify_global_field and DYN_modify_sql_field

switch (new_dom->dyn_dtype)
{
case blr_text:
< etc. >
new_dom->dyn_dsc.dsc_length = DSC_string_length (new_dom);

break;

Frank

--
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads,
their tears have healing powers and they make highly faithful pets."