Subject Re: [IBO] IBO4 Beta: Missing files
Author Lucas Franzen
Helen and all others,

the .dfm I passed to you differs in three properties to the one that's
within Jason's zipfile.

I compared them and found these differences:

in my dfm there are settings that are missing in Jasons's:

object dlgCLBoxEdit: TdlgCLBoxEdit
>> Left = 261 << 444 at jason's
>> Top = 160 << 245 at jason's (okay, that's peanuts)
BorderStyle = bsDialog
Caption = 'Dialog'
ClientHeight = 371
ClientWidth = 541
>> Color = clBtnFace << is missing in jason's
Font.Charset = DEFAULT_CHARSET
Font.Color = clWindowText
Font.Height = -11
Font.Name = 'MS Sans Serif'
Font.Style = []
>> OldCreateOrder = True << is missing in jason's, it might be a problem when using D3, so you might remove it

I just wanted to let you know ....

Thanks for coyping it to the download area

Luc.

P.S.: And if anyone wonders what the hack this is doing, I'll try to
give a short summary:

On the Odering-page of the query editor there's a little button
("CREATE") next to the OredringItemNo spinEdit.

If you press it a form will open where all fields of the query are
listed.
You might now check the fields you want to add to the ordering Items.
If you want to change the positon (ie the orderingLinks enries) for the
fields you can drag'n'drop the items within the ChecklistBox.

Furtheron there are two checkboxes:
1. Add DESCENDING - when checked the ordering items will get an DESC
entry, too
2. Use DisplayNames - when Checked the firendly ordering name will be
set according to the display name of the field.

Example:

SQL:
SELECT CUST_NAME, CUST_NO from CUSTOMER

Display Lables:
CUST_NAME=Customer,
CUST_NO=Number

both fields will be checked for used in OrderingItems.

Result:

Use Desc UseDisplay Result
YES YES Customer=CUST_NAME; CUST_NAME DESC
Number=CUST_NO; CUST_NO DESC
YES NO CUST_NAME=CUST_NAME; CUST_NAME DESC
CUST_NO=CUST_NO; CUST_NO DESC
NO YES Customer=CUST_NAME
Number=CUST_NO
NO NO CUST_NAME=CUST_NAME