Subject Re: [IBO] IBO sees different VarText size than IBConsole?
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:00 AM 06-06-01 -0700, you wrote:
>Unless I can reproduce this I cannot proceed. It sounds like a fluke issue
>to me.
>
>Jason Wharton
>CPS - Mesa AZ
>http://www.ibobjects.com

Jason, Luke,
This rings a bell - I believe it's an IB6 bug that occurs with ALTER COLUMN when you alter the length of a varchar - it (wrongly) adds two bytes to the new size. Claudio can confirm this when he gets round to reading these mails as I think it was he who fixed the bug in Firebird....but not before the 0.9.4 version, nor soon enough for it to have been in time for inclusion in "certified" InterBase 6...

Helen