Subject Re: [IBO] Adding OR condition to where clause
Author Andreas Pohl
Jason,

in an abstract form I would describe my problem as following:

select * from table where condition_A=1

condition_A is set by an IBO search criteria.

I 've to expand where clause:

select * from table where (condition_A=1) or exists(select * from table
where condition_A and condition_B))

There is a table with a treenode structure

Nr , ParentNode, Name etc.

1, 0 , "1.Item"
2, 1 , "1.Item's sub item"

If user is searching for name that fits row 2 then row 1 should be
displayed, too, because it is the parent of row 2 (in fact condition_B of my
example query is an is_parent() udf).

I need to add my "or" expression based on actual search criteria. Is it
feasible?

Mit freundlichem Gruss & Best Regards

Andreas Pohl
apohl@...