Subject Re: [IBO] IBO change-over
Author Daniel Rail
At 01/05/2001 17:23, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm converting a database, and C/S software D5,from BDE(progressODBC) to
>IBO.and firebird
>
>presently I have a datamodule with 2 wwdatasource, and 2 wwtables.
>
>in order to start of correctly ?
>
>I would use IB_connection, with ibotables and linked to wwdatasources.
>OR
>should I be doing it differently like adding a IBOdatabase and using
>ib_datasources(which would make my mods more difficult and involved) and
>using SQL components?

Add an IB_Connection and an IB_Transaction. Use TwwIBOTable(or TIBOTable)
with TwwDataSource. This is what I did when I converted an application
from BDE(Paradox) to IBO. The TIB_Datasource only works with IBO native
components like TIB_Query.

>basically i'm asking what is the correct way to setup a c/s software in
>order to use IBO and firebird most effficiently?

This comes with experimentation.

Have a nice day.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer