Subject Re: [IBO] IBO speed vs BDE?
Author Daniel Rail
Using IBO gives you a direct connection with the Interbase server and
doesn't need the BDE. The BDE uses resources and memory that isn't
necessary. Also, there is documentation regarding the difference in speed
between IBO and BDE. What I've read was that IBO is between 50-200 times
faster than the BDE and I can vouch for that. It still depends on how you
construct your queries and use the resources at your disposition at the
server level(i.e. stored procedures and triggers). Also, you can do some
tweaking on the server settings and a little at the client level.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Rail