Subject Re: [IBO] IBO todo list
Author Christoph Terhechte
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Jason Wharton wrote:

> I should have the IBO data access components ready for use by then.
> What is it you are doing?

Thanks for answering so quickly. I am in the middle of writing quite a
complex suite of client applications for our in-house database. We are
a non-profit film distributor, exhibitor, and co-organizer of the
Berlin Film Festival. The database contains information about our
archive, about films submitted to the festival, about our daily
Cinematheque program. The interface (it's not even finished in Delphi,
as my time for programming is fairly limited) is quite complex, as
everyone from the box office people to those dealing with film prints
or seeking film historic information need their own access to the
database. Our Windows 98 computers are a source of constant
headaches. Once I have the client suite ported to Linux, I'll be able
to clean all the hard disks and install Linux which I'm much more
comfortable with (and the users don't care as long as their computers
don't crash and the database interface is familiar). However, I'll
have to finish the port to Kylix in limited time, so I'm quite keen to
start with IBO for Kylix which is why I'm really curious what you mean
by "then".

Christoph

--
Christoph Terhechte <ct@...>
"Toto? - I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."