Subject Re: [IBO] prevent Rowchange in Grid while state <>dssbrowse
Author stahlberger@t-online.de
these 3 thinks are to do to make a Grid "Usersave" while in
dssedit/dssinsert:

1. // prevent form keyup, keydown
procedure TFormLager.qryLagerBewBeforeScroll(IB_Dataset: TIB_Dataset);
begin
if qryLagerBew.state in [dssedit,dssinsert] then abort;
end;

2. // prevent mousclick on titelbar / columnhaeder
procedure TFormLager.grdLagerBewMouseUp(Sender: TObject;
Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);
begin
if qryLagerBew.state in [dssedit,dssinsert] then abort;
end;

3. // prevent click on another row
in The TIB_Dataset.MoveBy procedure you will see the following code...

if Prepared then
begin
CurRow := RowNum;
// CheckBrowseMode; <-- Comment out this line!
Inc( JumpRecs, CurRow - RowNum );
end

Now you can click on what you want (except your powerbutton :-)
The only way to change the state / post is: press ESC, Your Cancel- or
SaveButton

Jason, please tell me if there is a way without changing the IB-Source.
Greetings Christian