Subject Re: [IBO] Problem with TIB_ComboBox
Author Helen Borrie
Daniel,
Sorry for the misunderstanding in my previous posting - I see you are already using TIB_ComboBox...

At 05:57 PM 10-04-01 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to use TIB_ComboBox for the first time and I'm having
>problems. When using the Items property only, I don't have a problem. The
>problem happens when I'm trying to use the ItemValues property. I populate
>dynamically this TIB_ComboBox as well as those not using ItemValues. The
>values are registered properly in the properties, but when it's time to
>show the appropriate value when scrolling, the text of the combobox
>disappears.

Considering the details you added in your later posting, should one assume you are changing the ItemValues in response to something the user does? It would help if you could describe the behaviour you are looking for.

If you have the combobox's Style property set to csDropDown, the ItemValues are simply ignored, as the csDropDown style uses the value currently in the Text property of the control. In this case, just repopulate the Items property when you need to change the selections.

As a further comment (perhaps still on misunderstanding the behaviour you are looking for), it seems that you are hard-coding data that ought to be stored in a database table.

If you had a table for SoccerFields with linking columns, you could use a TIB_LookupCombo to control which soccer field was valid for which age-group, and have your lookup control populated automatically when the age-group of the team in the main dataset changes.

Helen