Subject Re: [IBO] IB_WISQL problem (maybe)
Author Paul Little
Helen Borrie wrote:

> At 02:22 PM 05-04-01 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >the sp code is in the attachment
>
> This list rejects attachments. If it's huge, upload it to the Files area of list page; otherwise post it in the body of a list message.

Yes just discovered that - the code is on its way. It is fairly large
but is essentially five slightly different itterations of the same thing
- you'll see what I mean when you get it.

> >btw, 'scuse my ignorance but what is a "blr error"
>
> BLR is "binary l???? representation" - it's an intermediate stage between the p/l and the compiled code - it's what the compiler actually uses to compile the procedure.

Ahh, thats completely clear then ;-)

> You can inspect the BLR code in the IB_WISQL browser.

Yes I did that and I kind of expected there to be some marker or other
at the offending line, sadly there is nothing. It is possible to
decipher the blr code so that you can relate it to the source but unless
you know blr (which I don't) it's not much use...