Subject RE: AGAIN - [IBO] Search question
Author Nico Callewaert
If I would remove the InvalidateSQL, the statement will not reprepare again.
To set the SQLWhereItems in the OnClick event of a checkbox won't work
because, the only place you can have SQLWhereItems defined is in the
OnPrepare clause of the query. So when a user clicks the checkbox, I need
to Reprepare the statement, so the correct SQLWhereItems is set in the
OnPrepare event.

Nico
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Harald Klomann [mailto:nibler@...]
Verzonden: donderdag 29 maart 2001 10:06
Aan: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Onderwerp: Re: AGAIN - [IBO] Search question

Nico Callewaert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I changed the OnPrepare statement of the query like this :
>
> if CheckBox1.Checked then
> SQLWhereItems.Add ('UPPER (NAME) STARTING WITH :NAME');
> else
> SQLWhereItems.Add ('UPPER (NAME) CONTAINING :NAME');

CONTAINING is not case sensitive, so you will not need the UPPER here

> After the user selects another option, I do a InvalidateSQL, so I'm sure
the
You should not need to call InvalidateSQL, because it´s a build in by the
SearchEdit.

Did you have a look at the SearchingLinks.dpr in the Samples directory ?
Here you can see how to setup this stuff.

Harald

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Click Here to Find Software Faster