Subject Re: [IBO] IBOquery & sproc & clientdataset problem
Author Jason Wharton
Patrick,

I'd like a sample with a database. What might be simple to you usually
amounts to 30 minutes or more setup time for someone else. A sample goes a
long way in helping cut time off getting your issues resolved. Please don't
trivialize this.

IBX doesn't use TParams (as it should) but uses its own non-TDataset
compliant stuff. The reason they don't is because TParams doesn't handle
large int values. I think we can work around it without having to dump
TParams as IBX did.

Note: TIBQuery from IBX does use TParams but (AFAIK) suffers from the same
problem as TIBOQuery does.

Thanks,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Lenz" <patrick_lenz@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: [IBO] IBOquery & sproc & clientdataset problem

> Thanks Geoff,
> There is no exception. If I select from a storecproc and return
numeric(16,4) the dbgrid behind the clientdataset shows zero's or overflows
instead of the numbers. Even if the numbers are small integers, they show up
as zero.
> I could email you a small testapp but it is really just dumping a
iboquery, a provider and a clientdataset on a from and select * from the
storedproc.
> If I do this with IBX or Tquery I have no problems at all. When I look at
the results at the sql-editor at iboquery they are OK !?!.