Subject Re: [IBO] Problems when installing IPIBDataset - please help
Author Frank Ingermann
Hi Aljosa,

Aljo¹a Turk wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I installed trial version of IBObjects and InfoPower.
> When installing InfoPower Compatible Components (TwwIBOQuery and TwwIBOTable) compiler sends me an error:
>
> [Error] WARNING. Duplicate resource(s):
> [Error] Type 2 (BITMAP), ID TWWIBQUERY:
> [Error] File c:\public\zipi\ibinstall\ibobjects\IPIBDataset.dcr resource kept; file C:\PUBLIC\zipi\IBInstall\IBObjects\IPIBDataset.DCR resource discarded.
> [Error] Type 2 (BITMAP), ID TWWIBTABLE:
> [Error] File c:\public\zipi\ibinstall\ibobjects\IPIBDataset.dcr resource kept; file C:\PUBLIC\zipi\IBInstall\IBObjects\IPIBDataset.DCR resource discarded.
>
> I'm sure that I have only one file IPIBDataset.dcr on my computer (Win2000).
> So I realy don't know what's wrong.

when you look closely, you see that the filenames that are kept and rejected
are identical (at least in case-insensitive mode :) Look at the file list of
the package. You'll very probably find that there is IPIBDataset.pas *and*
IPIBDataset.dcr in there.

Since the .pas includes a {$R *.DCR} directive the resource file is actually
linked twice. Simple solution: throw the .dcr out of the package & recompile!

(btw i'm using D5 pro + Upd 1, i just tried to simulate it but i can't manage
to put a .dcr into a package any more - but i know there is a way, or at least
in D4 there was... and it gave me a real headache back then until i found out
what's going on... :-)

hth,
fingerman