Subject Re: [IBO] Big Batch...
Author Admin
Geoff -

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying it now with the dsql component.
However, all I've done is set the SQL property to use the previoulsy
mentioned INSERT statement. It's executing one row at a time as I write
this, no more quickly than the TIBOQuery did. Is there a better approach
to doing this? Or should I continue to pursue doing this in multiple
threads?

Incidentally, I'm parsing the data into TStringLists prior to inserting
into the database. Is there any in memory structure that I could use to
just jam the stringlist's strings into the table all at once? You know,
one big simultaneous transaction? Just a thought.

TIA

Dave

Geoff Worboys wrote:

> Dont use TIBOQuery, its made for interactive use. For the fastest
> possible inserts use TIB_DSQL. The BlobInserts sample application
> that comes with IBO has an example of you to setup this sort of thing.
>
> This sounds like some sort of problem with your connection setup or
> possibly even a network problem. A more specific error message would
> help.
>
> HTH
>
> Geoff Worboys
> Telesis Computing

Please review the attached resume and skills narrative in consideration
for the position of , and contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

David Keith