Subject Re: [IBO] Big Batch...
Author Paul Schmidt
Svein:

On 19 Mar 2001, at 16:25, Svein Erling Tysvær wrote:

To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
From: Svein Erling Tysvær <svein.erling.tysvaer@...>
Date sent: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:25:44 +0100
Send reply to: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] Big Batch...

> Basically, the problem is that IB starts processing on one processor,
> then something (don't know if it's IB or the operating system)
> discovers that the other processor is free, moves the processing over
> there, discovers that the other processor now becomes free, moves back
> - and continues to move rather than execute the request. I think there
> is a tool called IB_Affinity that helps IB use only one processor.
> This is a problem only in Windows environments if I remember
> correctly.

Sounds like a broken task switcher, the task switcher should simply
delegate threads to processor time slices. Now it is possible for a
thread to run on processor A one time, and processor B the next time,
depending on the OS thread count, and the thread priority.....

Paul

Paul Schmidt,
Tricat Technologies
Email: paul@...