Subject Re: [IBO] Switching between views?
Author s.beames@mailbox.gu.edu.au
Hi Jason,

--- In IBObjects@y..., "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...> wrote:
> Your application will need to control which view it access by its
own logic.
> There is nothing in InterBase that will automate this for you.
>
> If it were me doing things here I would probably use a single stored
> procedure instead of a bunch of views. Either that or I would just
use a
> SELECT statement with an input parameter.

Sorry.....no idea! Do you mean a single parameterised stored proc to
retrieve all my queries instead of my TIB_Query SELECT statements?

SELECT statement with an input parameter? Don't think I've come
across these yet...would I find some reference to these in the IB
docs? Can they be used with a TIB_QUERY?

Sorry if I'm being dense.
Steve