Subject RES: [IBO] Home from Germany (slightly OT :)
Author Claudio Kloss
I think Germany must have inspired the government here to do their taxes.
:-) Actually, some time ago I read in a financial magazine that taxes here
in Brazil loses only to Germany. But here the public services (health,
Education, Roads etc) don't work at all and we have to pay private services
to have them. And all of this with low wage. A minor parcel of the
population (10%) has huge wage and a lot of others (+-50%) receive about USD
100,00 per month. :-( The others 40% are those who pay the taxes and must
pay for private services.

Claudio F. Kloss
MicroLight Informática Ltda.
Juiz de Fora - MG - Brazil

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Kaputnik [mailto:delphi@...]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2001 15:54
Para: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Assunto: AW: [IBO] Home from Germany (slightly OT :)

In germany,
you pay roughly 50% of your wage for taxes, health insurance and social
insurance...in addition, your employer has to pay the same amoutn of taxes
for you, too....and from that half of you wage you really get, everything
you buy has another 165 vat ADDED; gasoline and cigarettes even some 500%
:-))

Can brasil compete?

CU, Kaputnik
(Nick Josipovic)