Subject RE: [IBO] Refreshing Data
Author Paul Schmidt
Christof:

On 9 Mar 2001, at 21:17, Christof Forbrig wrote:

To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
From: "Christof Forbrig" <christof.forbrig@...>
Date sent: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 21:17:02 +0100
Send reply to: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [IBO] Refreshing Data

> >doesn't know that you entered a new country. You can call the
> >Refresh function which will reload it, but if you had something other
> >then currencies where there might be hundreds or thousands of rows,
> >this could take some time. So, is there a way of causing it to
> >refresh, only if it has changed?
>
> That´s easy Paul,
>
> use IB events (TIB_Events encapsulates the raw api) and you get a
> message if the lookup table has changed. Define after delete, after
> insert, after update triggers in that table which must post the event.
> Your clients must register for this event, see IB Programmers Guide. I
> have a similar problem and dont´t want to refresh the whole query but
> only the inserted row or the incremental change of the dataset.
> Unfortunatedly the event can´t tell the row. Does anybody know a
> sophisticated solution (better than: the inserting application sends
> the row via sockets to the clients)?

That's the easy solution? That sounds really really ugly, I was
hoping for something IBO based. The problem as I see it, is that
each form is an MDI Child, so it lives entirely on the stack. So it
would need to be able to do this dynamically. I guess I need to
think up plan B.

Paul Schmidt,
Tricat Technologies
Email: paul@...