Subject Re: [IBO] FieldsVisible Question
Author Svein Erling Tysvær
Lee,
my best advice is to stop thinking tables and start thinking queries. For
desktop databases tables are a nice invention, but for client/server they
are a nightmare. It takes time to transfer rows from the server to the
client, so try to minimize
a) the number of rows
b) the amount of information in each row

Use a TIB_Query (or TIBOQuery) and set the sql to something like
SELECT <fieldlist>
FROM <table>
WHERE <somelimitingcondition>
where <fieldlist> includes only those fields you want to display + other
fields you want to process (for these last fields you set visible to
false). Also, try to make the <somelimitingcondition> as limiting as possible.

HTH,
Set