Subject Re: [IBO] IBO-Query / CanInsert ?
Author Patrick Lenz
Sorry, just realized that I was wrong:
I was using an updateqquery instead of the insertsql of IBOquery.
Therefore the insertsqlcount was 0 and the loop was not executed.
Moving the sql statement over to the IBOquery makes the employee
example work.
Got to try that with clientdatasets now and see if that solved my
problem. Since I am using MIDAS, I should not have any refresh
problem there.
Patrick

--- In IBObjects@y..., "Patrick Lenz" <patrick_lenz@y...> wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
> it does not work. the change is not effective since the
keyfields.columncount = 1 and therefore the the for-next statement
is not executed anyway.

> here is the code with the changes:
>
> if not Assigned( FBindingCursor ) and IsSelectSQL then
> for ii := 0 to KeyFields.ColumnCount - 1 do
> if (FindField( KeyFields.Columns[ii].FullFieldName ) = nil)
and
> (InsertSQL.Count = 0) then
> begin
> FCanInsert := false;
> Break;
> end;
>
> here is my threory:
>
> Since this function returns CanInsert = true, I need to find the
spot where it get's changed to false.

> Thanks again
> Patrick

internally,
> the fix that I gave you before should still apply. Try it and
let me
> know.
>
> Geoff Worboys
> Telesis Computing