Subject Re: [IBO] IBO-Query / CanInsert ?
Author Patrick Lenz
Hi Geoff,
it does not work. the change is not effective since the keyfields.columncount = 1 and therefore the the for-next statement is not executed anyway.

here is the code with the changes:

if not Assigned( FBindingCursor ) and IsSelectSQL then
for ii := 0 to KeyFields.ColumnCount - 1 do
if (FindField( KeyFields.Columns[ii].FullFieldName ) = nil) and
(InsertSQL.Count = 0) then
begin
FCanInsert := false;
Break;
end;

here is my threory:

Since this function returns CanInsert = true, I need to find the spot where it get's changed to false.

Thanks again
Patrick

----- Original Message -----
From: Geoff Worboys
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [IBO] IBO-Query / CanInsert ?

> I just realized that I am using TIBOquery (MIDAS
> compatible) and I believe you are referring to TIB_query.
> Maybe you have some workaround for this too ?

I was going to question this when I saw that you wrote IBO_Query
(which looks like a cross between the two ;-)

Since TIBOQuery uses TIB_BDataset (the base for TIB_Query) internally,
the fix that I gave you before should still apply. Try it and let me
know.

Geoff Worboys
Telesis Computing

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor