Subject Re: [IBO] Question about TIB_DataSource and TIBOTable
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:57 AM 01-03-01 -0800, you wrote:
>I am curious as to why there is no TIB_Table component and why that the
>TIB_Datasource cannot use the TIBOTable component. Can anyone offer any help
>as to how I can display the contents of a table in a TIB_Grid?
>
>Shawn
Shawn,

IB Objects is actually two series of mutually incompatible components.

There is no TIB_Table component because T..Table is not appropriate for client/server work. If you *must* have all the fields and all the rows of a table (not recommended), set the IB_Query SQL property to SELECT * FROM aTable. You will need a TIB_Datasource to link the IB_Query to a TIB_Grid.

TIBOTable is a TDataset-compatible component. It uses TDatasource and native Delphi and/or native Delphi-compatible controls. The TIB_ components are not compatible with that architecture.

Cheers,
Helen

Cheers
All for Open and Open for All