Subject Re: [IBO] TIB_Event Alerter Problem and Application Exit
Author Patrick Lenz
Jason,
(just curious:)
when you say "don't have any problems" do you consider it being safe to have multiple clients refresh the same data at the "same" time.
I am using TIBevent now in a remote datamodule and if I would refresh all my clients at the "same" time - this would call for trouble and I would see the same behavior that Chris is describing.
(but that might be a different story...)
Patrick

----- Original Message -----
From: Jason Wharton
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [IBO] TIB_Event Alerter Problem and Application Exit

I know that using the GDS32.DLL that came with IB 5.11 and the IB 5.6 server
on NT I don't have any problems using events. Nor are there any problems
using LIBS on any platform and version. So, I draw the conclusion from this
that the little code there is in IBO is correct and that if there are
problems using another configuration it is something unrelated to the code
in IBO.

I would like to suggest that this issue be taken to the general InterBase
support lists and hopefully to the people in the OS community that can
potentially fix this whole mess.

Regards,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ