Subject RE: [IBO] Reporting Tools
Author Kevin Stanton
I have not tried Fast Report, but:
1. True.
2. True, but my users have never complained about speed and I love the
functionality and power.
3. Too many workarounds necessary. Too many problems, support not so good.
4. I hear good things about Fast Report but have not tried it. I am
committed to Report Builder.
5. Nevrona RAVE ReportPrinter - Very unintuative interface. Just saw a demo
on this product and wasn't too impressed - spoiled after RB.

With ReportBuilder:
- Subreports are a snap. Need a summary by genreral ledger number at the
end of a batch of invoices? Piece of cake.

- Drill-Downs are a snap. Would you like to see the detail behind a General
Ledger entry on a General Ledger Report? Set up a drill down and the user
can click on any detail printline and the report opens the subreport
specified as a "DrillDown" report (just a simple property).

- End-User designers are a snap.

Ok, so I really like ReportBuilder!

Cheers,
Kevin