Subject Re: [IBO] I need help with TIBO and QuickReports QRDBText.Mask
Author Luiz Alves
> Why are you using TIntegerField components with something that a float
field
> is preferred for?
>
> The BDE stuff had a bug where with InterBase that it would declare a
> TIntegerField for a NUMERIC( 9, 2 ) column. This was an error then so I
> wonder if this is a carry over from that?

I am not wanting to use, but Delphi and the VCL are doing it.
My columns are all Numeric(9,2).

Here is what I did:

1. If I click on tiboquery and make active=True, I get the error that I
said.

2. Seeing the column offending in the unit source code, It shows that It
is of the type TfloatField.

3. If I open Fields Editor and erase the field with problems and without
close Fields Editor, I add the field again, It shows as TLargeint.

4. To solve it, I have to drop the field from Fields Editor, Prepare the
query and next add fields in Fields Editor. Now, It shows as TIBOBCDField.

> If you are using persistent fields then you simply should change them to
> TIBOFloatField components.

I was expecting that Fields Editor take aware this for me.

> Another factor that can have a play is what version of Delphi you are
using.
> The VCL has changed over the years in these regards.

I am using D4 C/S.

Thanks,
Luiz.

> > I am just fixing some tiboquerys that I use with teechart. It was giving
> an
> > error of:
> > "type mismatch for field 'xxxx' expecting 'Float' actual:Integer. ". I
am
> > using persistent fields, because I need to use with teechart, it's more
> > easy..
>
> Why are you using TIntegerField components with something that a float
field
> is preferred for?
>
> The BDE stuff had a bug where with InterBase that it would declare a
> TIntegerField for a NUMERIC( 9, 2 ) column. This was an error then so I
> wonder if this is a carry over from that?
>
> If you are using persistent fields then you simply should change them to
> TIBOFloatField components.
>
> > I have to search in my forms, erase this column with problem from
> > FieldsEditor and fill it again.
> >
> > After this my field that was TFloatField changes to BCD field.
>
> If you are using persistent fields the change in IBO that made it prefer
BCD
> over float should not have affected you. IBO knows how to resolve float
and
> BCD to all of the underlying column types.
>
> > As you said, I will have to change all again with the next release of
IBO.