Subject RE: [IBO] Re: Files - downloading problems.
Author Kaputnik

Well, Ok, I don't see what it is, but it is a pic, that makes my dialup go
crazy, and therefore goes directly into the trashcan, regardless of the
content and author

> If you have set up your email client for html, then you are
> likely to receive Yahoo's ads as html. Since html postings are
> regarded as bad netiquette on most lists (including this one) you
> really only have yourself to thank if you continue to get html.

I am using outlook and am very happy. I won't drop it simply because it does
html :-))

> You can avoid seeing many copies of the footer if you follow
> another good netiquette practice, of removing the extraneous
> stuff from the bottom when you post a reply.

Overquoting is a problem of its own, I think

> We don't moderate the lists so we can't actually stop people who
> habitually post in html. IMO, those who use HTML sigs should be
> shot at dawn. About all we have is peer pressure. Instead of
> blaming the system, fix your own house and rass anyone who shows
> lack of consideration for others' bandwidth loads.
>
> fwiw
> Helen

And I won't stop blaming the system.
Back in past times, when the world was still flat, and this group belonged
to egroups, there was an option in the personal menu to have all messages
delivered as plain text, regardless of the format, it was posted with. The
message was delivered with a small notice on the bottom of the message
saying, that non-text portions of the message were removed.
It seems, like it wouldn't be a problem for yahoo to get this right, but in
theory, there could be some very greedy people sitting there knowing, that
this option costs them money bacause of not sent ads.

CU, and :-)
Nick