Subject Re: [IBO] OAT-Handling
Author Jason Wharton
> I'm just fighting with the OAT-Management of my app. I don't want to use
> the TimeoutProps of IB_Transactionen, so therefore I have to do this on
> my own.

May I ask why?

> How recognizes a transaction, that nothing happened to the
> datasets for a period of time?

The transaction has various indications of its status but it doesn't keep
information on individual datasets.

> I mean no post and no scrolling. Now I do
> a commit in the OnPost-Event of the datasets, but it would be more
> comfortable, if the transaction could react on the post, so I have not
> use the all the OnPost-Events, but one OnPostDataset-Event, for example,
> of a transaction. But how to find out, that no post and no scrolling has
> been done to the datasets for a period of time. And what then, should I
> do a commit or a pause to the transaction ?

I'm a little confused about what exactly you are trying to accomplish. It
sounds a little dangerous to me.

> I just want to know, how you have realized this, in your applications.
> Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I rely on IBO's built-in mechanisms to handle OAT advancement so I'm not
sure where to do from here with you.

HTH,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ