Subject Re: Enable search to ib_grid
Author Yagi
yhy, yhy.....

I checked IncSearching for the grid and it works. I've done a sample
applitacion in BCB5. Sorry i don't have Delphi. Maybe somebody can translate
it to Delphi?

Now a short tutorial how to get IncSearching in the grid:

1. Arrange your grid with your table (as you know IncSearch works on
ordering items so arrange this too)

2. Set AllowIncSearch = true

3. Set SearchKeyByKey, SeekNearest, AllowTimeout if you want so (see help on
IB_IncSearch and IB_Grid)

4. If the table is NOT readonly you MUST to set IncSearchHotKey.
This is the key combination which triger IncSearching and prevent grid from
changing data especially when AutoEdit = true for IB_DataSource.
For readonly table you don't have to set IncSearchHotKey.
A little digression: Now i see that IncSearchHotKey can be empty too when
Autoedit = false because pressing keys don't put the table into edit state
so we can autmoaticly triger IncSearching if AllowIncSearch = true.

5. How to see result of IncSearching on the grid? Use OnIncSearch event of
IB_Grid. For Example:

void __fastcall TMainForm::ibgrdCustomerIncSearch(TObject *Sender,
AnsiString Text, bool Match)
{
/*pnlCustomerGrid - the panel for viewing result of IncSearching*/
/*ibgrdCustomer - the grid*/
/*ibqCustomer - query being connected with the grid*/

if(ibgrdCustomer->IncSearchState)
{
if(pnlCustomerGrid->Color != ibqCustomer->IB_Session->SearchingColor)
pnlCustomerGrid->Color = ibqCustomer->IB_Session->SearchingColor;

pnlCustomerGrid->Caption = "Searching on " +

ibqCustomer->OrderingItems->IndexNames[abs(ibqCustomer->OrderingItemNo) - 1]
+ ": " +
Text;
}
else
{
pnlCustomerGrid->Color = clBtnFace;
pnlCustomerGrid->Caption = "";
}
}

6. To perform IncSearching, set focus on the grid

7. To cancel IncSearching hit ESC

8. To confirm IncSearching hit ENTER (especially when SearchKeyByKey =
false)

The rules of IncSearching on numeric and text fields are the same as for
IB_IncSearch component.

Well, Now i hope it will work for everybody how's interesting.

Jarek