Subject Re: Problem in TIB_Query and currency...
Author jocelyndionne@uraeus.qc.ca
Hello Jason.

It's very simple to recreate the problem.
It's obvious that you know how to do what I will explain here, but I
do it just to be sure that you are aware of the exact steps that I
did to get the problem.

In Interbase:

1) create a table (table1) with three fields:
a) field1 integer
b) field2 varchar(50)
c) field3 double precision
2) insert some rows in the table
3) enter big number like 25,123,987.34 in field3

In Delphi:
1) put a tib_connection,tib_query and a tib_datasource on a form
2) I assume that you define the connection
3) double-click on the tib_query component to bring the editor
4) select * from table1 for update
5) prepare it
6) in column attributes tab, select field3 and click on currency
check box
7) put a grid on the form, attach it to the datasource that you
defined
8) run the program

The form shows on my screen with the grid and in field3, I see, for
example, 2512.3987. If I go back to the column attributes and
deselect the currency checkbox, I see 25123987.34 which is the exact
number that I entered in field3.

I have to tell you that I put some breakpoints in your code (in
IBA_Column.imp) in the TIB_Column.GetDisplayText function and I saw
that IsCurrency is never true.

I also tried with a numeric field and the behaviour is not exactly
the same. If I create a field3 numeric, the result in the grid is
rounded. I have to specify a large numeric field if I want it to
show correctly. But with large numbers, the problem reappears.

I hope this will help. I know you asked me for a little application,
but, it is very simple to recreate the problem.

Jocelyn Dionne.