Subject Re: [IBO] Digest Number 751
Author Technisoft
At 18:43 11-12-2001 +0000, Norman wrote:
>In the Getting Started Guide there is a section on editing datasets which
>states that :
>
>... after a delete, the dataset is now no longer active.
>
>So you need to open the dataset again.

I have to say that this is totally foreign to my admittedly limited
experience. Or perhaps you are saying that the detail dataset must be
re-opened.

To be frank, I often wonder whether master/detail relationships don't cause
more problems than they solve. I am currently grappling with a standard
TDbgrid which insists on displaying the contents of a TIBDataset (IBX)
detail in reverse order! Whenever a new detail record is appended it
appears at the top.

Peter Lawson