Subject Re: [IBO] Error after IBO upgrade: Database information return buffer was truncated
Author Artur Anjos
Did you associate the TIB_SQL component with the TIB_Connection? You get that message if you try to edit a Query without associate the component with the connection.

Artur Anjos
----- Original Message -----

From: Michael Dawson
To: ibobjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [IBO] Error after IBO upgrade: Database information return buffer was truncated

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:33:48 -0700, Jason Wharton wrote:
JW> Backup and restore the database and if it still gives you
JW> problems send me the GBK zipped up and I'll take a look
JW> at it.
JW>
JW> What you are seeing is the result of a bug that IBO is
JW> now reporting. It's always been there, it just been
JW> ignored in the past.

Thanks, restoring a backup worked like a charm.

But now I get a different error message from IB_SQL and my test
app:
"ISC ERROR CODE:335544472
ISC ERROR MESSAGE: Your user name and password are not defined.
Ask your database administrator to set up an InterBase login."

I rebuilt the test app with IBObjects v. 3 and it works fine, as
does IB_Console.

Perhaps I've not installed version 4 correctly?

Michael Dawson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor