Subject Re: [IBO] Interbase and Dbgrid
Author Artur Anjos
And I will sugest the use of a TIBOQuery instead of TIBOTable.

One other think to remember: don't forget that 56Kb is the speed of download of the modem. It will upload at 32Kb. So, put the call on the client side, and don't use "callback" on the server side.

Artur Anjos
----- Original Message -----
From: Jason Wharton
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: [IBO] Interbase and Dbgrid

> Before I go ahead and build an application need to know something about
interbase and a dbgrid. The user will be connecting to the serverover a 56k
line, slow. Would like to show through a query the data of a table in a
dbgrid. What I need to know is the dbgrid clever enough to call say 20
records at a time from the server, or will it want to download the whole
2meg table before it displays it ? If so is there an approach to minimize
the traffic over the slow line.
> Any hints, pointers, sample or web url's would be helpful

It isn't DBGrid with the smarts on efficient record fetching. It is how the
dataset it is attached to responds to its need for records. If you have
supporting indexes, using the TIBOTable component can be very efficient in
how it deals with records for browsing a table, of any size for that matter.

Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor