Subject Re: [IBO] Ordering-Problem
Author guido.klapperich@t-online.de
It seems, that the problem is in the function TIB_BDataset.LookupKeyForFields in
IBA_BDataset.imp at line 3536.
Here's the call-stack:
SysLookupKeyFields
TIB_BDataset.LookupKeyForFields
TIB_BDataset.SetBookmark(???)
TIB_BDataset.SysRefresh(False,???)
TIB_BDataset.RefreshKeys
TIB_BDataset.SetOrderingItemNO(???)
TIB_CustomGrid.UpdateOrdering(???,???)
TIB_CustomGrid.MouseUp()

There's another phenomenon I can't explain. I set a BreakPoint at line 3582
(curCursorGen := FCursorGen;) and change the OrderingItemNo from -1 to 1. Delphi
stops at the breakpoint, I press F9 and then the dataset is ordered at once. I
delete the breakpoint and change the OrderingItemNo from -1 to 1 and the
ordering takes nearly 1 minute. This is reproducable. When I set a breakpoint in
the LookupKeyForFields-Function the ordering takes only 2 seconds otherwise 1
minute. It seems, when there is a short break (in this case the waiting for me
to press F9) the ordering works correctly.
Any ideas ?

Guido