Subject Re: Master detail Bug with MasterParamLinks?
Author Marco Menardi
--- In IBObjects@y..., Helen Borrie <helebor@d...> wrote:
> At 01:11 PM 31-10-01 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >I think Helen should point this out in her GSG and you could, if
> >possible, write the automatic generated (if none is explicity set)
> >Insert statement taking that in account.
> >But, bside all, what are the advantage, if any, of one solution
> >respect the other (MasterLinks/MarterParamsLinks)?
>

> Have you read the TechInfo sheet on Master-Detail? It might provide
some enlightenment...

> Helen

That TI is confusing too. It shows how good things go with MasterLinks
and then tells that you can use MasterParamsLinks as well. No info is
provided about Insert problems that can arise if you use param names
different from column names (nor in the Tip part of the document). For
certain situation (joined datasets) it explicitly states that you
*must* provide distinct param names to avoid ambiguity. So I just
suggested you to tell about that problem (in your GSG there is the
same description about that) just to avoid other people waste their
time on that (I've spent about 2 hours trying to solve the situation,
in part because I'm patching IBO code somewhere so I thought I
introduced a bug, but I'm sure someone else will waste time on that,
maybe blaming IBO not to be stable or good).
Just that, ok? :)
Thanks for your prompt attention :))
Marco