Subject RE: [IBO] Want to use some of last posted fields as default for the next insert
Author Kaputnik
This is perhaps a very complicated method, but it works at least :-)

Before you post changes in a TIB_Query, you can intercept the beforepost
event to loop through all TIB_columns and compare the OldVariant (or
OldString) Value if it is different from the value itself (or you use
the isModified property). You could derive your own TIB_Query with the
added code for your project to save you some huge amount of
coding.....Simply add an object-list or something else to your custom
query, clear it in the before-post event, feed it with the new variants
from the loop and add a property to access them for later use....

Nick Josipovic

BIT Institute
Prof. Dr. Franz Steffens
University of Mannheim