Subject Re: [IBO] Alias Names
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:30 AM 19-10-01 +0000, you wrote:
>Our sotware goes out to many different clients. I cant hardcode the
>literal string. If not using an AliasName, would you setup an ini
>file or is there a better way to do this ?

ini file or registry - Delphi has good support for both. Registry is less vulnerable to external interference...ini files "go anywhere" whereas REG files are Win-version-specific... It's small code - why not try both and see which you prefer? For clues on the Registry way, see Jason's connection code in IBF_SQL.pas (the main form for the IB_SQL application).

rgds,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All