Subject Re: [IBO] Sample IBOQuery (project) questions
Author Artur Anjos
I think that's the problem: "the dialect of the db is 3". You must connect to it using dialect 3 also. Check the property "SQL Dialect" in you TIB_Connection.

Artur Anjos
----- Original Message -----
From: dba@...
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 12:10 AM
Subject: [IBO] Sample IBOQuery (project) questions

Hi,

When I run IBOQuery (sample app), specify the GDB and press the OPEN
button, I get a message:

Project IBOQuery.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with
message 'General SQL error.

Column error.
Column unknown
MSG_DATE
Client SQL dialect 1 does not support reference to DATE datatype'.

Click OK, and "Run" and I can view the data.

The metadata for the table is

CREATE TABLE "PAPURI"
(
"CARRIER" VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL,
"MSG_DATE" DATE NOT NULL,
"MSG_TIME" TIME NOT NULL,
"TEXT_MESSAGE" BLOB SUB_TYPE TEXT SEGMENT SIZE 400
);

Also, the TDBGrid won't let me view the BLOB column, it just has
[MEMO], but I can't view the contents. However, I can view the BLOB
data in IBConsole. The dialect of the db is 3.

Thanks,

Peter

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor