Subject Re: TIB_Memo
Author Geno
Helen:

Discovered the problem but don't know why. Hope you can shed some
light on this. Have a routine I call on all my forms to enable or
disable the edits based on the tables state.

If the state is dssbrowse, the edits are disabled otherwise the edits
are enabled. In formshow, I open the table then call this routine.
This has the effect of disabling all of the edits since the tables
state is dssbrowse at this time. When the user presses the add
button, I do an append then call the routine to enable the edits.
This works great but not with IB_Memos. The IB_Memo is enabled (you
can focus on it) but you can not enter anything.

This is what I discovered:

Assume IB_MEMO1.enabled = False

If I do the following:

APPEND
IB_Memo1.Enabled := True

The IB_Memo will be enabled but you can not enter anything in it.

If I do:

IB_Memo1.Enabled := True;
APPEND

All works fine. It has to do with whether the IB_Memo is enabled
before or after the append, edit, etc.

Is there a reason for this ?

Thanks

I found if I do: