Subject Re: Can not edit current row
Author Geno
--- In IBObjects@egroups.com, Art Metz <ametz@n...> wrote:
> Is your query on a single table? If so, does the query have a
primary key?

Query is on single table, has primary key
> If so, be sure the KeyLinks property is correctly set. If not,
well, it
> should!

Keykinks is set to primary key field

> If your query is on more than one table, you may need to fill in the
> UpdateSql property.
>
> One last thought: does the user have Update privilege on the table?

User has update privliges

> If none of these help, please post the table structure and the
query.

Table is rather long but this is basic structure:

empno integer not null primary key
several varchar fields
several integer fields
several double precision fields

primary key is generated. have setup generator and generator links.
This works as I can add records and use the form to move traverse the
records and all fields are correct, including generated key field.

query is simple

select * from employees

table does get some of its values from ib_lookups - this all works

table is linked (as the master) to several other querys. Again, this
works. Plus, have disabled master/detail links and still can not
edit.