Subject Re: [IBO] getting started with IBO
Author Jason Wharton
Is your file where you are saying it is?

Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Haugland" <danno@...>
To: <ibobjects@egroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 3:29 PM
Subject: [IBO] getting started with IBO

As a new IBO user I figured the Getting Started Guide would be the best bet
to get up to speed quickly.

So I started by trying to connect a TIB_Connection to my database by
following the instructions and was immediately thwarted. I suspect I have
missed something reasonably obvious to those in the know, so here are the
properties I am setting:

databasename: d:\ib\ibtest.gdb
alias : test
I think the GSG has mislabeled these as database and databasename.
server: empty
protocol: cpLocal
path d:\ib\ibtest.gdb
username: sysdba
password: masterkey

Setting connected:true yields a "cannot open file" error. I have tried
myriad variations on the central theme and still missed the mark. Anybody
else see the problem?

danno.

Dan Haugland
Spectrum Data Solutions