Subject Re: [IBO] Suggestions for New version the IBO 4.0
Author Jason Wharton
I have investigated this possibility and it is too complex to support at
this time. There are conflicting uses of limited mechanisms in each system
of dataset usage. What one did would trample the other and visa-versa. It
just isn't going to happen, at least not anytime soon.

Believe me, I know the great benefit it would be but it just isn't feasible.

Regards,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paulo Henrique Albanez" <pha@...>
To: <IBObjects@egroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 12:41 PM
Subject: [IBO] Suggestions for New version the IBO 4.0

> I've done a small test:
>
> I've atributed the Dataset property of the TIB_DataSource component the
value of InternalDataset property of the TIBOQuery component, and it worked
reasonably.

> The biggest problem I've verified was in synchronous between TIB_Query and
TIBOQuery.

> Jason, I would like that you think of the possibility of developing a
TIBOQuery componet that could be compatible with VCL, but without losing
TIB_Query's power, and that could also be accessed by the TIB_ components,
through internal TIB_Query that it owns, I believe that it would complete
IBO even more, doesn't matter how much work it would take.