Subject property list Re: [IBO] Suggestions for the Search-Panel
Author Andreas Pohl
Hi Jason,

I just finished some small enhancements that I need for really RAD:

I subclassed TIB_Grid to add a property list and to show a "..."-Button in
the top-left corner. By hitting this button there is a setup form for
visually arrangement of columns (with name,alignment,width). This settings
are auto stored in a linked component (in my case: TFormstorage from RxLib).

There is also a property to link a TIB_SearchPanel to this grid. With this
I'm able to link the EditLinks to TIB_SearchPanel so there are shown buttons
in edit controls like in (linked) TIB_Grid.

My lookups are hardcoded, but it would be much better to link special lookup
queries... Maybe it's usefull to store these lookup in TIB_Connection, too?

So it is very handy to setup an entire application just with few controls
and components but with full power of IBO. Just a thought for vers. 4.0

Mit freundlichem Gruss & Best Regards

Andreas Pohl

screenshot1: object inspector's property list
screenshot2: grid with top-left button and linked searchpanel with auto
buttons for editlinks in searcpanel
screenshot3: setupform for visually settings of grid and searchpanel (used
an RxLib control)
screenshot4: my enhanced (generic) Lookupform with search and filter box.