Subject Re: [firebird-tools] Temporary tables and interfaces
Author Lester Caine
Martijn Tonies wrote:

> Another thought...
>
> In order to get temp-tables recognized into SQL-insight or
> other stuff, they would hae to show up in RDB$RELATIONS...

I think we are back to the discussions on metadata changes within
transactions :)

The proposal I outlined was that the results of a query would be cached
temporarily and could then be used as the input to a following query -
within the same transaction. Thinking it through further, you need a the
alias of the first query to magically appear as a table that you can use
later ( perhaps a CACHE AS xxx ) but this would only work within the
context of the current transaction, so any tools would have trouble
seeing the tables unless they are working through the steps inside that
transaction.

I think this makes sense from an operational point of view, but does it
make sense inside the Firebird engine?

--
Lester Caine