Subject Re: [firebird-tools] IBOConsole - remote access
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:22 AM 25/11/2004 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I am connecting through VPN to a Terminal Services session on a
>server running a SuperServer installation. I have registered the
>server as a remote connection in IBOConsole.
>
>I can view the users and their details but if I try to add or update
>a user I get thrown out with a database unavailable message.
>
>I had similar problems with backups until I realised that IBOConsole
>was adding the server name to the database name. When I removed the
>extra server name everything worked fine.
>
>If I cannot get this to work I will have to dump IBOConsole for
>another tool which is a great pity. GSEC is too prehistoric for other
>people. Does anyone know a way around this problem?

AFAIK, you must have a server name pointing to a network IP address for a
Terminal Services connection. And of course you must supply the SYSDBA
user name and password to get GSEC access.

What have you tried so far?

btw, it's not really quite comparable with the BackupService, since gbak
requires the remote service_mgr to do remote backups, whereas GSEC is
(under the hood of the IBOBackupService component) connecting you as an
ordinary client to security.fdb.

Helen