Subject Re: [firebird-tools] Spam
Author Helen Borrie
Paul,

At 07:57 AM 6/08/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey, does this list have a moderator? Since July 21st there have been
>18 messages, of those 15 are what I would define as SPAM. Giving us a
>signal to noise ratio of 1:5
>
>I suggest that the powers that be (Helen?), set the moderator approval
>flag and that for the next 90 days, all messages must pass moderator
>approval.
>
>Thanks,
>
>And now back to our regularly scheduled spam.
I don't know about you, but I can spot the porn and spam from either the
email address, the subject or both. I'm not curious about the content - I
just delete them.

I have much more to whine about than you do. What I have to do is log in,
search for the bad account, remove it, then bring up the Ban interface and
ban that account. Then I have to go to the message archive and delete the
offending messages. Half the time they are hit-and-run attacks anyway -
they are gone by the time I get to them.

On yahoo, we have two options for any subscriber: allow to post or not
allow to post. It is not like Postfix, where the posted messages can be
moderated before delivery.

Helen