Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB3 stability ...
Author Lester Caine
On 25/02/2019 11:34, Mark Rotteveel mark@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> On 25-2-2019 12:22, Lester Caine lester@... [firebird-support]
> wrote:
>> OK ... Have development system upgraded and currently running SUSE Leap
>> 15.0 out of the box so ...
>>
>> Firebird 3.0.2
>> PHP 7.2.5
>> Nginx 1.14.0 ( Apache is locked out )
>
> 3.0.3 fixed 87 issues, 3.0.4 fixed 74 issues (based on tickets closed in
> the tracker). If you have stability issues with 3.0.2, your first stop
> should be to upgrade to 3.0.4.

A question perhaps for SUSE as to why the current stable build only has
3.0.2? I don't want to switch on the development repo's as they DO cause
problems with things, but switching JUST 3.0.4 is what I though I had
done on the other machine yet it's still got a 3.0.2 client ...

The SUSE side have said Leap15.1 Beta may be my best option as they
admit problems with some legacy parts of 15.0 ... tha is if it will
actually run on my hardware which has run 13.1 for many years perfectly.

>> Getting the following randomly ...
>>
>> Warning: fbird_connect(): Your user name and password are not defined.
>> Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login. Install
>> incomplete, please read the Compatibility chapter in the release notes
>> for this version in
>> /srv/website/externals/adodb/drivers/adodb-firebird.inc.php on line 69
> >
>> But a reload works fine and navigating around currently is also fine.
>> The first question is just how should one replace the SUSE style of
>> package management to just replace a single element such as Firebird ...
>> and will that help anyway?
>
> No clue why you'd get that error randomly, but I guess it doesn't apply
> a stable AuthClient setting (maybe something is depending on load order
> of libraries, etc?). To avoid that error itself, initialize the security
> database for SRP by creating a SRP user (and if you don't want to use
> it: drop that user again).

ALL I have enabled in the config file is Legacy ... srp is not listed at
all, so why should creating an srp user be necessary? I've not looked to
that side at all yet ... just more reading for something I don't see the
need to use. Anyway have a 15.1 disk ready to run ... so off-line for a
bit again ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL